Monday, September 3, 2012

Letter to Mr. Giddings

Your first assignments are as follows:

  1. Sign and return your syllabus
  2. Write a letter to Mr. Giddings (C'est moi!) containing to following elements:
  • At least one interesting thing about you
  • Your expectations for the class, i.e. what are the areas in which you want/need to learn more
  • Your goals for this year in the areas of reading, writing, and speaking
  • Anything else I should know that you think might help me teach you more effectively this year (Yes, I do realize that I am the teacher, but no one knows you and your individual situation like you do. For instance, if you can barely read but you're smart and can fake it, I could probably help you more if I knew that in September, rather than figuring it out in December or even May depending on how good you are at hiding it. It could also be something like you've never finished a novel or you have ADD or, or, or. 
The syllabus is due by Friday September 7.
The letter is due by Wednesday September 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment